Saturday, April 4, 2009

Over the past 8 days I have seen such sites as The Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Caesarea Philippi, Caesarea Maritime, Nazareth, Mt. Carmel, Bethsaida, Chorizim, Tiberius, Beth Shan, The Jordan River, Megiddo, The region of the Gadarenes, Bashan (the Golan Heights), Mt. Herman, Dan, and a great many other places where the redemptive history of the Bible took place. However, even after seeing these places and standing on the very stones upon which Jesus, Paul, or Peter may have walked, the question of whether it is real must still be asked. This question of reality is not a question of whether these events really did happen, but whether or not I truly believe that they did. There is a mountain of archeological evidence that says Jesus really did live, that He really was born in Bethlehem, and that he really was executed on a Roman cross outside of Jerusalem, and that he really did rise from the dead on the 3rd day. Knowing that these things happened and truly believing them are completely different matters. To know that they happened is to acknowledge the historicity of the events in the same fashion as acknowledging that I ate breakfast this morning. It happened. But, to truly believe that these events happened and to have my life changed by them, that's a completely different matter. How will my life be impacted by these places and what happened in them? How will I live differently because of what I have seen and what I have experienced? These are the questions that I must deal with for the rest of my life.

Let me now pose the question to the reader (that's you). You have read the Bible. you know the story of Jesus. How is your life different because of what Jesus said and did? How does it need to change?

Blessings
ברוך השם

No comments:

Post a Comment