Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting Acclimated

Israel is different... yes it is.

We arrived safely, and very jetlagged, on what was Sunday afternoon in Israel. Turns out our flight arrived in Tel Aviv an hour and a half early! Apparently we had a 150mph tail wind crossing the Atlantic. We were picked up at the airport by Bill Shlegel, Abner Chow, and Becky (Last name:???). They are the majority of the faculty here at IBEX. Bill will be my Land and Bible, and Modern Hebrew professor. Aber will teach the history of ancient Israel class I'm taking. They are all a blast and we're having tons of fun already.

My roommate's name is Jeremy and goes to Moody Bible in Chicago. I found out the hard way last night that he sometimes sleepwalks! We went to bed last night at about 10:20pm and and at around 10:55pm I woke up and he was sitting on the edge of my bed rubbing my head! I asked him what he was doing and he woke and was really embarrassed. It was really hilarious and we laughed about it this morning.

The food here is really different. There are lots of different kinds of breads and many different types of cheeses as well. There's a salad bar at the place at the moshav where we eat that has a lot of different types of mediteranian salads and dishes.

We had Orientation this morning and took a quick walk around the Moshav. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them loaded on to my computer.

2 comments:

  1. Don't replace Jeremy with me! I am a better Jeremy!

    Just playing man. Have fun! Hopefully he doesn't sleepwalk anymore!

    ReplyDelete