Saturday, January 3, 2009

The First Post

I guess I have to start somewhere... 

Two weeks from this moment I will be flying over the Atlantic ocean toward the country of Israel - the land in which the story of God's provision for our salvation was played out. I am extremely excited to have this opportunity to walk where Jesus walked and study in the land where the events of the Bible took place. This being the first time I have ever lived away from home, the emotions inside me, although excited, are not unmixed with a fear of the unknown. However, through these fears, I know that the same God that brought the children of Egypt through the Red Sea, that gave a shepherd boy the strength to slay a giant, and that raised Jesus from the dead is the same God that is protecting me and covering me with His mighty hand. 

      If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
          Even there Your hand shall lead me,And Your right hand shall hold me.

- Psalm 139:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment